Care and Maintenance
Should you decide to refinish, adherence to the following guidelines will ensure your enjoyment of trouble-free service for years to come.
- Avoid using any abrasives on surface and use only those cleaners that specifically state "Safe for Acrylic". Examples would be Arm & Hammer Scrub Free with Oxy and Tilex.
- Avoid improper use of acid bearing chemicals such as drain openers, tile grout cleaners and hair colorants.
- Do not apply tape to your newly refinished surface, as most masking tape has a solvent that could compromise the finish. If necessary please use "3M for Delicate Surfaces".
- Do not allow water to pool on your new surface, either due to a leaky faucet or water collecting around shampoo bottles/soap dishes.
- Avoid using a rubber mat, as it will also trap water on the new finish. An alternative safety measure to consider would be Crown’s anti-slip application.
- Never use a knife or any sharp objects to cut on the surface.
- Finally, as a preemptive measure wipe down surface after use to cut down on calcium/hard water deposits.
OUR WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY TO CLIENT NEGLECT OF THE ABOVE LISTED ITEMS. SUCH REPAIRS WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CLIENT AND NOT CROWN RESURFACING, INC.
HOWEVER, OUR REFINISHING WORK IS GUARANTEED AGAINST FADING, PEELING, OR CRAZING.